This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

(Solved) Change local settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TonyIT
Registered Member

(Solved) Change local settings

Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:51 am
There is any way to change the locale settings?

I mean (for example) using a minus -123 instead the parentheses (123) for the negative numbers.

I'm from Italy but my Ubuntu and KMyMoney are in english language for my choise.

Thank a lot for this great program!
Cheers

TonyIT

Last edited by TonyIT on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyIT, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

RE: Change local settings

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:01 pm
KMyMoney uses the KDE settings.
I guess you are using a Gnome desktop. In that case, install kcontrol and change your regional settings there.[hr]
If you are using Gnome as your desktop, it is always good to install kcontrol and kcalc in addition to KMyMoney. They are not part of the recommended packages, but that is a problem of the Debian packagers. We do recommend it on our README and FAQ.

Last edited by Hei Ku on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
TonyIT
Registered Member

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:04 pm
Hei Ku wrote:KMyMoney uses the KDE settings.
I guess you are using a Gnome desktop. In that case, install kcontrol and change your regional settings there.[hr]
If you are using Gnome as your desktop, it is always good to install kcontrol and kcalc in addition to KMyMoney. They are not part of the recommended packages, but that is a problem of the Debian packagers. We do recommend it on our README and FAQ.

That's right! It's ok, now.
Why don't think about an "Settings/Options/Locale" inside KMyMoney?

Grazie Mille!!! ;-)

TonyIT

TonyIT, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:08 pm
Reusing existing functionality is an advantage in free source, that, if used wisely, is better for development and for the users. If you use KDE, you only have to set your preferences once, and that is used by every application.

Unfortunately, gnome does not share the same integration framework.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008