This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Collapsible Sidebar

Votes
Tags: dolphin dolphin dolphin
(comma "," separated)
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

[Dolphin] Collapsible Sidebar

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:15 pm
It would also be nice if in Dolphin you could quickly and temporarily hide all the panels on one side of the screen, giving you more screen real estate briefly without requiring the panels be re-added from the view menu. One way this might work is that if you collapse all the panels on one side of the screen, then the side bar changes to a think strip and panel labels are rotated so they are sideway. Another way is that there is a vertical strip next to the panel, either on the inside or outside edge, and if you click on that the panel shrinks.

This is part of my series of Dolphin ideas

Last edited by TheBlackCat on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Usp
Registered Member
OS

Collapsible Sidebar

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:52 pm
Opera browser has vertical strip kind of side panel switch and I find it very usable. I think side panel switch should be in any app with side panels. To me toggeling panel on and off is not part of customizing of the view which is done once but part of every day usage.