This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Draggable Zoom and Capacity Bars

Votes
Tags: dolphin dolphin dolphin
(comma "," separated)
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
In the following mockup you probably cannot see it but the drag handles you see on toolbars have been added to the zoom slider and partition size items. This means you can drag them to re-order them. They are basically treated the same as toolbars.

This is part of my series of Dolphin ideas

Last edited by TheBlackCat on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Angel Blue01
Registered Member
OS
I like it, it would be nice to move those around.

Proudly dual-booting openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 4.3 and Windows Vista on a Toshiba A205-S4577 since July 2007.
Fri13
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:01 pm
I really would like to get those removed or moved away from bottom of Dolphin. I would like to add those to the Information panel itself.

Point is, the Dolphin bottom panel should be possible get away. So when there is window decoration without edges, there is no edge on bottom.
pheder
Registered Member

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:11 pm
Changing the view in the information panel wouldn't make sense, neither would showing partition-size information where file-information belongs. I agree on improving the information panel, but that's another topic.

Neither do I get why someone would like to move around these items. Where do you wanna put them? In the toolbar? In this case there should be some tool you can put in there.
Fri13
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:03 pm
pheder wrote:Changing the view in the information panel wouldn't make sense, neither would showing partition-size information where file-information belongs. I agree on improving the information panel, but that's another topic.

Neither do I get why someone would like to move around these items. Where do you wanna put them? In the toolbar? In this case there should be some tool you can put in there.

I did not mean they would be itself the information panel, but same way possible to attach there like panels are. So you can place them to under the information panel (or places etc).

For me it would be more important to get them hided. I do not need that information in bottom of Dolphin. The text information on bottom left side is irrelevant for me. Same is the zoom slider what I switch to space panel because it has more meaning.

If there just would be change to get the bottom panel removed when hiding the space bar or zoom sliders, I would be happy, even if it would be by this way.

And same thing should go to konqueror, KMail and many other application. But that is other topic but this could be one way just to get it done if this kind feature would be in kde platform.
pheder
Registered Member

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:25 pm
So you are suggesting something like a toolbar-box or vertical toolbar? Latter is implemented yet. As well you are suggesting making all these status-bars hidable. These are 2 separate ideas, you might open a new thread.

On the actual topic: The thread-opener didn't explain the reasons/problems leading to this solution. As I am of the opinion that Fri13's solutions are better suitable for his problem I don't get the point of this whole thing. May someone explain?
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:01 am
pheder wrote:Neither do I get why someone would like to move around these items. Where do you wanna put them? In the toolbar? In this case there should be some tool you can put in there.

Specifically, I want to put the zoom slider on the right and the size meter to the left of the status bar text.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965