Topic locked

Ubuntu One Music Store integration

User avatar drsjlazar
Registered Member
OS

Ubuntu One Music Store integration

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:15 pm
I was wondering if there are any plans on the Amarok end of things to integrate the Ubuntu One Music Store? I asked over at Launchpad and they seem to be looking for some help in writing the plugin.

https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/rhyt ... ion/107373

So is there anybody working on this? It would be a nice bonus for Amarok and the whole Linux community IMO.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
They are oddly reticent about where the money goes. I can't see any advantage for Amarok unless the profits flow back to the Amarok community. That's why Magnatune is so cool -- artists get 50%, Amarok gets 10%, plus they have been funding one of our developers.

Is Ubuntu One Music Store offering terms like that? If not, I don't see the advantage for the artists or for Amarok.
User avatar markey
KDE Developer
OS
Currently there are no plans to integrate this music store, no. We are however looking at other options.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer

Topic locked