Reply to topic

Krita logo design thread

User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS

Re: Krita logo design thread

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 pm
@yurifidelis : Cool , it looks really good in the Unity docker indeed. Here it's also a pleasure to see it.
The squirell is the mascot ( designed also by Animtim ) ; and will be in the about dialog.
I'm also curious to know how in Krita > Setting > Theme and a 'dark one' look under Ubuntu.
I know little problems happened with separators not following the colors, etc in older version.
I hope the Qt/GTK engine is fixed.

User avatar yurifidelis
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:14 am
Deevad wrote:@yurifidelis : Cool , it looks really good in the Unity docker indeed. Here it's also a pleasure to see it.
The squirell is the mascot ( designed also by Animtim ) ; and will be in the about dialog.
I'm also curious to know how in Krita > Setting > Theme and a 'dark one' look under Ubuntu.
I know little problems happened with separators not following the colors, etc in older version.
I hope the Qt/GTK engine is fixed.

In that case... It's a nice mascot.

Regarding how Krita looks under Ubuntu... It doesn't look good:

What I do to use themes is I use Qt4 Configure to set the theme for Qt apps to Oxygen:

The problem is that, obviously, all Qt apps will use Oxygen, like QBittorrent.
If anyone has a better solution for this, I'll appreciate.

Yuri Fidélis P. P.
Blog
Flickr
DeviantArt
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:53 am
Indeed it looks really nicer with 'oxygen' . Thanks for the screenshot ( and sorry pushing you with my request to a bit of off-topic discution )
A shame the GUI is not nice 'out-of-the-box' on this popular distribution ( and I guess it affect all Gnome/GTK distrib , Lxde/Xfce/Gnome/ etc... ) .

This setting is unfortunately not something the Krita developper could 'force' as far as I know, the theme seams to be dependent of the distribution.
I can see clearly the 'combo box button' and the other buttons still use a forced hardcoded palette , I assume GTK colors palette here.
Hard to know exactly who to complain :
- Qt team for a buggy GTK theme ?
- Ubuntu team for using it by default ?
- Gnome 3.x team for breaking theming each +0.2 release ?
:'(

User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:30 am
I'm proposing a patch to always use plastique outside KDE -- since oxygen needs to be specially installed. https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/109410/.

Deevad, do you by any chance have an svg version of the studio logo? I'd like to use it for the RHEL/CentOS packages we're creating now.
User avatar scummos
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 pm
What you can always do is alias krita to krita --style oxygen. Then you'll only have krita with oxygen, and all other apps with your system style.

User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm
Only if oxygen is installed, which is not always the case on windows, osx or ubuntu. (I'm sort of really beginning to feel that ubuntu isn't a linux os anymore....)
User avatar scummos
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:42 pm
Yes -- I was referring to this problem:
The problem is that, obviously, all Qt apps will use Oxygen, like QBittorrent.

mentioned by yurifidelis above. ;)

ghevan
Registered Member
OS

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 pm
The new logo looks nice. It could be interesting to have a crayon, or piece of chalk, instead of a brush. But that's just an idea.

danni
Registered Member

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 am
Ok going to do some testing to see if it is possible to get a nice looking monochrome version of this icon.

I want something that will fit in with this icon theme...

http://segfault.co.in/?p=101
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 am
That's a pretty looking desktop!
User avatar scummos
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 pm
I like the "radioactive" symbol :D

danni
Registered Member

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm
I am using a version of the icon set for dark themes - my desktop looks more like this
http://ubuntuone.com/15yJELX1kVsUDKf5ClJLYT

Reply to topic