Reply to topic

Weird alien

User avatar jensreuterberg
Registered Member
OS

Weird alien

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:34 pm
So I started drawing an alien and just continued. I have not a clue what he's doing, or what the background should be but its just black for now.

KDE Visual Design Group - "prefers to see Plasma Next smash the competition to pieces in the war for the user’s favor, and stand victorious on the battlefield of design!"
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS

Re: Weird alien

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 pm
good glossy material; the shading is really more "volumetric" than the piece I saw of you before.
Maybe thin low opacity layers of glazing ( multiply , or overlay ) can deep the shading, and make it more photorealistic. Just a suggestion :)

valerievk
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 am
Wow, that looks like a glossy sculpture! Awesome!
I think the alien is contemplating whether he should get some botox injections. :D
User avatar jensreuterberg
Registered Member
OS

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:30 pm
Deevad: Ok so I added some shadows and stuff with overlay layers... I dunno can't really get to grips with it. It felt like I just wanted to go back to ctrl+click-picking out colours and then darken them. But I'll keep at it. Any other pointers?

Valerievk: Thanks. He/she would really need some botox - I added a demonstration instead though. An anti-federation/anti-terran demonstration :)

KDE Visual Design Group - "prefers to see Plasma Next smash the competition to pieces in the war for the user’s favor, and stand victorious on the battlefield of design!"
User avatar mifth
OS

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 pm
I can only say COOOOLL!!!
We are really gressors..
We conquered this planet.
valerievk
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm
Whoa, that looks even better with the background!
Heh, now it looks like an old alien saying "Get of o' mah lawn you darn Earthlings!"
Anti-immigrants everywhere. xD

Reply to topic