Reply to topic

Krita On Mac

mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Re: Krita On Mac

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm
don't worry about configuring Koffice-devel, the actual package itself isn't needed, just the dependacies that come with it, and seeing as you have fully installed the deps, try this:
cd /Dir/You/Want/To/Install/Krita
wget http://krita.org/builder/calligra-creat ... .sh.tar.gz && tar -xzvf calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz && rm ./calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz

Navigate to the directory you ran the script in and open compiler.sh with textedit.
change _autodependancies=true to false

TERMINAL:
./calligra-creative_build-script.sh

That's pretty much sorted.
User avatar ningu
Registered Member

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm
Thank you mesquka.

I followed your instructions but when I run ./calligra-creative_build-script.sh on the terminal it throws
[...] you need to make sure the necessary dependencies are installed yourself (usually whatever is needed to build koffice plus git). Once you have done that, please change the first line of this script to _autodepencencies=false and run this script again [...]

which I already had, as you suggested. I opened compile.sh again and realized that the _autodependencies was back to TRUE (?)

I changed it again just to make sure it wasn't me forgetting to save or something, but I got the same result.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm
are you sure you were running ./compile.sh not ./calligra-creative_build-script.sh? calligra-creative_build-script.sh downloads everthing then executes ./compile.sh but when you run it again, it overwrites everthing THEN runs ./compile.sh, all you need it for is to download the source and the compile script, after changing _autodepencencies to false run ./compile NOT ./calligra-creative_build-script.sh.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:37 pm
Ningu: I'm interested in knowing how you go, can you please post your progress here?
User avatar ningu
Registered Member

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:41 pm
oh, ok! Your instructions ended up runing ./calligra-creative_build-script.sh on terminal, not ./configure.sh. Sorry, I'm not very used to this kind of stuff. I'm just an illustrator eager to use Krita as professional tool.

Here are the steps I followed:
    1. sudo port install wget
    2. sudo port install qt4-mac
    3. Edit /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/kde/koffice2-devel/Portfile changing 'kdebase4' for 'kde4-baseapps'
    4. sudo port install koffice2-devel
    // this failed reporting errors when configuring koffice2-devel, but all dependencies seemed to be installed
    6. cd /Dir/You/Want/To/Install/Krita
    7. wget http://krita.org/builder/calligra-creat ... .sh.tar.gz && tar -xzvf calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz && rm ./calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz
    // this thows an error "Failed to open 'calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz'", so I unpacked from Finder
    8. ./configure.sh

This is the furthest I got. Something seems to have gone wrong:
Oh noes! I've hit a bash error number 2. Please look just above this text and see if you can see anything that looks like it may be an error message. You can then tell us about it at krita or on IRC at #krita.

The text is quite long and I just can't seem to find a way to upload a file here, so I uploaded it to my server so you can take a look:
http://rogerpibernat.com/tmp/krita_conf ... output.txt

Last edited by ningu on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 pm
Ok, this seems to be a bit tricky, It seems that your system doesn't like the make command, try opening compile.sh and edit the make command (I have no idea where this is is in the file, but it is there) and remove the -j argument.
User avatar ningu
Registered Member

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm
That was the problem. But instead of just removing the -j option, I dug deeper and I believe I got to the root of the problem. -j was looking at the value of $_trheads which was set up earlier as follows:
Code: Select all
#Set number of cores to be used
  if  [ "$_threads" == 0 ]; then
    _threads=$((`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l`*2))   
  fi

As far as I can tell, '/proc/cpuinfo' is linux specific, so I changed it for
Code: Select all
#Set number of cores to be used
  if  [ "$_threads" == 0 ]; then
    _threads=$((`sysctl -n hw.ncpu`))   
  fi

I'm not absolutely sure about this, but took the chance and seems to work.

According to the output of ./configure.sh I'm missing some features such as GLEW and others, but hopefully I'll get it running. I'll get back when it's done compiling.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:09 pm
I didn't have that problem when I was compiling Krita and Karbon, odd, perhaps the script has been updated? Anyway I'm still interested in seeing how it goes. I managed to produce .app packages but so far haven't managed to get them to launch.
User avatar ningu
Registered Member

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 pm
It works! Thank you very much mesquka! I haven't tried the package bundle from Yue Liu, although I downloaded it from http://download.kde.org/unstable/calligra-2.5.93/osx/calligra-2.6.0-preview.dmg. It's a previous version (2.6), so -for now- I think I'll just stick to the 2.7 pre-alpha you helped me compile to see how it goes. If it gives me problems I'll downgrade to the .pkg version.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm
I couldn't get either app to launch, so I just deleted it to save space (60GB SSD, so I really needed the space). I might try Yue Liu's package though.
User avatar ningu
Registered Member

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm
Please, keep me posted if you finally do. I really would like to know how it goes, since it's a much easier installation process, and I'm pretty sure it'll include all the parts I'm missing (GLEW & co.) I would install it myself, but I read somewhere that I need to uninstall this version to avoid conflicts. I'm not sure if they are in the dependencies or in the app itself.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:41 pm
Installation is deathly slow, come on little mac, you can do it!
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:42 pm
22 minutes left *sigh* let the waiting commence. Getting a cup of coffe.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm
I seem to be having the same problem as when I compiled it myself, It just bounces in my dock for awhile, with dkonqi or something then quits.
mesquka
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm
drkonqi, same happens with all the other apps

Reply to topic