Reply to topic

Krita does not register tablet strokes.

josephsmith
Registered Member
I've begun using Krita, and on occasion I can make strokes with the my tablet, sometimes Krita doesn't register that the Pen has touched the tablet.
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS
I have seen the same problem with my intuos 3 on Windows 8.1 with the latest Wacom drivers. With earlier drivers, it works fine... I'm getting a bit desperate at how Wacom continues to break its own tablets!
User avatar vascobasque
Registered Member
OS
Hmm, i have this problem with my wacom bamboo, not always but sometimes. When i open the settings for the tablet in Krita (the pressure curve) without changing something the tablet works after closing the dialog completely normal....
@josephsmith: Maybe you can try this to see if it helps in your case.

josephsmith
Registered Member
Thanks for the information. @vascobasque, Thank you I did that and it makes it manageable. The problem still occurs, but not as frequently. Also I hit 'OK' in the tablet settings dialog and it instantly closes Krita when I try to paint on the canvas. Is this a normal occurrence?
User avatar vascobasque
Registered Member
OS
No that is not normal and should not happen. What Version of Krita are you using?

I have checked this today when the strokes are not registered - for me it works after opening only the settings window without going to the tablet curve and closing it again. There is a bug reported which matches to this problem (for the windows build), there is also a kind of possible workaround described... maybe you want to check this out:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=323680

josephsmith
Registered Member
I'm using Krita 2.7.8.7 32 bit on Windows 7and a Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet .
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS
The latest windows builds come with a separate application, KritaTabletTester, that you can find in the bin directory of your krita install. You can run it and test your tablet, if it works in there, the bug is in Krita, if it doesn't work in that app, the bug is either in Qt or in the Wacom drivers :-)
elliott
Registered Member
I have a similar problem with a non-wacom tablet ( Monoprice 12x9 ) in Krita for windows - the tablet works perfectly except for missing approximately 1/10 strokes. I haven't been able to determine any pattern. It just acts like it was designed to miss 1 stroke in every 10.

I ran the kritaTabletTester and could not replicate the problem. It detects every stroke.
elliott
Registered Member
I also tried Krita Gemini ( win7 64 bit ) and it also suffers from missing strokes - though it doesn't seem to happen as frequently.
User avatar nak
Registered Member
OS
When I first installed krita about a year ago I didn't have this problem, but then it started happening about 6 months ago.
I made a video demonstrating the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RVn1DU0LP4 ( sorry for breathing into the mic :-/ )

I'm running Arch linux x86_64.

If any developer's need any help trouble shooting, let me know. I might even be able to roll back krita versions and find where the breakage occurred if that would be helpful.

Feel free to email me uberscientist at gmail.com if I don't respond here.

Cheers
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS
Dmitry has rewritten the tablet support both for Windows and Linux. It's nearly ready to be merged to master. For Windows, a test build is here: http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/krita_x64_2.7.8.23.msi. For Linux, to test the new code, you'd have to build the krita-wintab-kazalpv branch.

I've had more reports about strokes missing on Linux, but that had to do with GTK/Compiz based desktop environments, such as Cinnamon -- i.e., not a Krita bug... But the new code might have fixed the issue in any case.
User avatar HGconcept
Registered Member
Hey all,
I'm having this issue also, with a cintiq 12wx on windows 7 64bit.
I tried the newer build that you posted and still no luck.

Any suggestions?
dileep
Registered Member
yes.. it happens.. I have a bamboo one.. running on win7 64...

it doesn't happen in mypaint
dkazakov
Registered Member
dileep wrote:yes.. it happens.. I have a bamboo one.. running on win7 64...
it doesn't happen in mypaint

Does it happen with the newest 2.7.8.27 build?
http://heap.kogmbh.net/downloads/krita_x64_2.7.8.27.msi
User avatar HGconcept
Registered Member
I have just tested it, and can verify that this issue is still occurring in the 2.7.8.27 Build you linked.

I also tried updating my wacom drivers, although my tablet was working fine in photoshop/illustrator cs6, painter 12, painttool SAI, Manga studio, TVpaint. And I still had no luck, any ideas?

I just wanted to say that you guys have made a truly great program, though I'm having some issues, I can tell just from what time I've spent with it that it's going to be my new favourite once I can get it working =) and if there's anything I can do to test or anything just let me know =)

Reply to topic