The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.
Reply to topic

Searching for a login theme with analog clock and user list

lsatenstein
Registered Member
I had the following theme (see below) with Fedora 19 beta, but in the process of reorganizing my desktop system, I elected to reinstall and lost it. I am hoping someone knows from where I can download it.

The theme that I was using , and lost due to re-installing KDE, appeared in white as a rectangular login box centered on the screen. In the top right corner of this small area was an analogue clock. On the left margin of this box were small rectangular icons representing a graphical face. To the right of this visual icon a user name was displayed. Below this list is the login name entry and password input area.

Clocking on the name pasted it into the login area, and put the keyboard into the password area.

This interface is what I need for friends and for school kids who share the desktop.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Leslie
(lsatenstein at yahoo dot com)
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Do you know which login manager you were using? Was it KDM, GDM, LightDM, etc?

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
lsatenstein
Registered Member
Hi Booksy

I am using the vanilla Fedora 19 KDE installation. (Actually the Russian Fedora spin) as the RF spin contains the codecs and developers stuff already installed.
Something like this line drawing

When viewing the post after a save. there are many blanks removed between the elements. I hope it shows better when received.

+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| ICON1 / ========\ |
| USER1 | Analog | |
\ clock dial / |
icon2 uSER 2 ======= |
| |
iCON 3 user 3 |
| |
|passwd input area [_________________________________] |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
This is a poor sketch, but the login showed the permissable users and left room for password input below. The analog clock had sharp numbering (graphically sharp
I would be happy if it just had points, like a compass.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This could be either KDM or LightDM with the appropriate theme unfortunately. Based on http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=77457.0 it seems like it could have been KDM. I checked the themes on my system, and they all appear to be using digital clocks.

Try searching kde-apps.org for a KDM theme with a analog clock.

lsatenstein
Registered Member
I like simplicity, and since I also have kids around the house, the login theme that I had (and lost), was of the type that we often see with Gnome. But I do not have Gnome installed. I like KDE

Here is the logon screen description.
There was a plain background (the cat one from Fedora was one)
My login box was a rectangular box in the centre of the screen. On the top right corner within this rectangular login box was an analog clock, (no second hand) with the diameter about 1/4 the size of the login box area. (login box was white.)

On the left within the box, was a list of icon/name (clickable) . I only had 4 names,
Below this list, were the two lines for login and password. If we clicked on a name, it was pasted into the login area. The mouse was redirected to the password line. All that was left was to write the password.

It was simple to look at, clean, and functional.

Any hints as where to find it would be appreciated.
laurencelawson
Registered Member
Hey did you get it? I am also looking for the same!!

Top Poker Games
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I'm afraid i've never come across a KDM theme which performed in the manner you have been describing. You could try asking on the kde users mailing list: kde@mail.kde.org, to see if anyone there is aware of the name of theme, or how to achieve such a result.

Reply to topic