Reply to topic

Refresh Plasma theme for purpouse of theme designing

josvanr
Registered Member
OS
Hello

I'm considering to make a plasma theme. I played around a bit looking at the svgz files in a theme etc. Is there some way to get plasma to re-read the files of a theme? This would make desiging a theme (or just understanding how it works in the fist place) a lot easier. Even when I restart plasma, changes in the theme dont take effect. Eg I changed some drawing in the panel background svgz. The change only takes effect when I: restart plasma, then toggle 'maximize panel' and then change the height of the panel a few times. Not practical.

josvanr
User avatar ivan
KDE Developer
OS
Rendered theme items are cached so that painting can go faster.

The process I have used was:
1. Change the theme to something else
2. delete cache file ~/.kde/cache*/plasma-svgelements-your-theme-name
3. Change back to the desired theme

josvanr
Registered Member
OS
That works ! Brilliant ! thnx.........

Jos
josvanr
Registered Member
OS
This seems to work for me:

I'm working on 'mwm3' theme then I do this in a script to make the theme reload after adapting it:

cp /home/jos/.kde/share/config/plasmarc.airnetbook /home/jos/.kde/share/config/plasmarc
sleep 1
rm /home/jos/.kde/cache-bugix/plasma_theme_mwm3.kcache
sleep 1
cp /home/jos/.kde/share/config/plasmarc.mwm3 /home/jos/.kde/share/config/plasmarc

Reply to topic