Reply to topic

Some Icons do not change

stathisq
Registered Member
OS

Some Icons do not change

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:51 am
Hi there!I'm an Arch Linux user and I'm using KDE as my default DE for many years now.
The last 2 days, after the 4.11.3 update i found something strange. On kicker the Applications Icon does not change even if I change the icon theme (I tried many themes) and it looks like the one in the image below.

(In this image i use Kfeanza icons set which are my favorite ones, Software manager(Apper) had also the same icon as applications but i changed it by my hand)
The same happens with Internet Icon. I tried many things like deleting .kde4 folder, deleting icon-cache for /var/tmp/.. everything is ok exept this one. I only thing i tried last days is installing and experimenting with xfce4 alongside KDE. Is there any possibility for XFCE4 config files to conflict with KDE4 config files?
Any ideas what is happening here?
Thanks
luebking
Registered Member

Re: Some Icons do not change

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:47 pm
There's likely a local service description with hardcoded icon shadowing the global one.
Would be somewhere around ~/.local/share/applications or ~/.local/share/mime or so.

mv ~/.local ~/nix.local
(do not delete the folder, you'll loose settings all over the place)

If the icon is "fixed" afterwards, dig for the culprit (if you know the path to the "false" icon, you could grep for the significant part, ie. the theme name.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Some Icons do not change

Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:53 am
Note that you may need to logout and remove /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER/ for the above action to have visible effect.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer

Reply to topic