Reply to topic

Konqueror Browser Download

cranfan
Registered Member

Konqueror Browser Download

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 pm
I recently installed Linux Mint KDE with a view to testing a new website on the Konqueror KHTML browser.

I appreciate that it is no longer the default browser in KDE but how do I find a download for it? Links on the website ( http://www.konqueror.org/download/ ) don't appear to be active and initial searches online have not found anything.

Thanks.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Re: Konqueror Browser Download

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:44 pm
you need to dl it from your distro's repositories, in Mint the software center would be a gui to search and dl software packages http://community.linuxmint.com/software ... are-center. Also Muon and Kpackagekit are gui alternatives

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
cranfan
Registered Member

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm
Thanks for the feedback google01103.

I tried to load it from the repository but it failed with the message "Some of the packages could not be retrieved from the server". Similarly I could not install Rekonq.

I will ask in the Linux Mint community.

This is my first experience of Linux so I may be missing something?
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:48 pm
don't use Mint so no idea why the message but could be a server problem, you should try again after waiting a bit

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am
Please run "apt-get update" to ensure the repository data is fully up to date.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer

Reply to topic