Reply to topic

How can i use kio-ftps with a self signed Cert?

harryhirsch
Registered Member
Hi,

fast & simple:
How can i use kio-ftps with a self signed certificate?
I'd like to use dolphin for my ftp stuff, but i have to confirm the "untrusted" Cert everytime i click on something.
I'm using KDE 4.9.5

sincerely,
harryhirsch
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately the need to constantly reconfirm untrusted certificates is a lingering bug in the KDE SSL stack. To the best of my knowledge, the only way to workaround this is by adding your self-signed certificate into the system wide store of trusted certificates.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
harryhirsch
Registered Member
Hi,

already tried that, but didn't change anything.
I copied the SS_Cert to /etc/ssl/certs and ran update-ca-certificates.
It didn't add it.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unusual. Do other non-KDE applications detect the trusted status (now that it is included in the system wide trust store) of your certificate?

harryhirsch
Registered Member
no, they also don't detect it. filezilla give a "Certificate Unknown" warning
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I suspect then that the certificate was not added to the certificate store successfully then. I would suggest consulting your distribution documentation for information on how to do this.

Reply to topic