Reply to topic

ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

danlawrence
Registered Member

ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 pm
Hello, I am using KDE v4.5.3 (within Mepis 11). The issue is file-type associations with Amarok/Kmplayer. I can find no way to associate/disassociate specific audio file-types with these players (as you can in Windows) thru their settings menus. My immediate problem is that when I designate that a playlist should be played thru a local player (rather than a site-embedded web player) the playlist automatically opens in Kmplayer. I want it to open in Amarok, which has better audio output controls. How do I solve this problem? And, how do I associate specific file-types with specific players in KDE? Thanks.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Re: ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:04 pm
1st and probably irrelevant but what is "a site enabled web player"?

easiest solution - in Dolphin right click a play list -> open with -> other -> type Amarok -> click "remember ........" -> click ok

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: ASSOCIATION OF AUDIO FILE-TYPES

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 am
The other way to do this is through System Settings > File Associations, although you will need to know the mimetype of the playlist files in order to do this - or the extension (haven't tried using the extension before in the filter bar before though I will admit - it may not work).

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer

Reply to topic