Reply to topic

Kate - Load changed files automatically

kay_de_e
Registered Member
Hi!
I'm using kate and git.
Everytime I change a branch the content of my opened files changes.
I want kate to automatically reload the files unless there are any unsaved changes. I'm used to this behaviour from other editors and I can't think of any better way to deal with this situation.

I could only get rid of the annoying alert messages, but then there is only a little x-sign that tells me, that I should reload the file... so actually no benefit at all.

Thanks a lot for your help!

kay_de_e, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It appears that this feature is not supported by Kate. As a workaround, please ensure that "Warn about files modified by foreign processes" is ticked in Kate > Settings > Configure Kate > Application > General.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I would agree that it would be nice to have a silent update feature if there are no unsaved changes (if there are, it should ask what you want to do)

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
kay_de_e
Registered Member
So what can be do about it?
Open a feature request (or look if it has been already requested)?
Or try to write a patch myself?

kay_de_e, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Opening a feature request would likely be the best idea, however the current behaviour is designed to preserve your data, so it is likely intended.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer

Reply to topic