Reply to topic

I broke Calligra Words

stoolpigeon
Registered Member
OS

I broke Calligra Words

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:04 pm
I'm running Fedora 18 with KDE. I opened Calligra Words to check it out. I didn't quite understand the defaults given for templates. I thought I created a blank A4 document and saved it as the default but now Calligra Words wont open any more. When I click on it from the launcher I get an empty window and the little icon just bounces until I kill the application.

If I start it as root it starts fine. If I start it as myself with a template chosen $calligrawords --template '/usr/share/kde4/apps/words/templates/Normal/A4.desktop' then it works fine too - but I cannot start it from the launcher.

I'd welcome any ideas on how to fix this. I reainstalled words using yum but wherever the setting that has borked it is saved didn't get overwritten I guess.
stoolpigeon
Registered Member
OS

Re: I broke Calligra Words  Topic is solved

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 pm
I found it. Sorry - should have kept digging before I posted it.

Deleted the template I created by removing files from

~/.kde/share/apps/words/templates/Bland\ Documents/templatename.desktop
~/.kde/share/apps/words/templates/Blank\ Documents/.source/templatename.ott

It didn't work until both were gone.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: I broke Calligra Words

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 pm
Marked as Solved. This issue does indicate a potential bug however. Would it be possible for you to post instructions on how you created the template which caused the issue to occur?

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
xtx
Registered Member
OS

Re: I broke Calligra Words

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 pm
Same issue and same fix here. Calligra 2.5.5 with KDE 4.10.1.

I just created a blank document with 1 inch each borders. File -> Create Template from Document. Gave it a name and saved it. Closed words and re-opened it. Hangs every time until I delete those two files specified above.

Reply to topic