Reply to topic

Skrooge - How-to? - Tutorial?

Hekkro
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
OS

Skrooge - How-to? - Tutorial?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:45 am
Hi Guys,

I just started to use Skrooge, but so far I've been unable to make some progress.

Is there a tutorial/how-to somewhere?

I have no clue where or how to start. (probably a set-up wizard would be good)

First Question, how to set up, properly, an Initial Balance. In which category?

Second, I opened a forex trading account and I have transfered some money already but I don't know in which category to put it, all I see is Investement>Dividends, etc.

What about "Initial Investment"? / "Investment Set-Up" or something like that?

Plus, all I see is Investment>(Revenues) ;D that's perfect, but not realistic :p ...what about Investement>(Losses) :(( , and Investment>(Fees) :-/ .

Can somebody tell the best way to set this up?
Can somebody share their catgory arrangement?

Thank you very much for your help and for a great program!

H
Pconfig
Alumni
Posts
74
Karma
0
OS

Re: Skrooge - How-to? - Tutorial?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 am
I didn't use Skrooge yet myself but this seems pretty useful:

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extr ... index.html
User avatar gdebure
Global Moderator
Posts
114
Karma
1
OS

Re: Skrooge - How-to? - Tutorial?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:50 pm
Hekkro wrote:Hi Guys,

I just started to use Skrooge, but so far I've been unable to make some progress.

Is there a tutorial/how-to somewhere?

Not really, though the herabove link to the online doc is indeed a good start

Hekkro wrote:I have no clue where or how to start. (probably a set-up wizard would be good)

You won't find a start up wizard in Skrooge, we avoid them as much as we can :p

Hekkro wrote:First Question, how to set up, properly, an Initial Balance. In which category?

Insert an operation with the initial balance. You don't have to assign a category, so that it doesn't get in the way in reports. I know, this is far from ideal, but we have technical difficulties with defining an initial balance, sorry...

Hekkro wrote:Second, I opened a forex trading account and I have transfered some money already but I don't know in which category to put it, all I see is Investement>Dividends, etc.

What about "Initial Investment"? / "Investment Set-Up" or something like that?

When it comes to categories, our philosophy is that there is no absolute truth... Just assign it to the cateory that makes sense to *you*

Hekkro wrote:Plus, all I see is Investment>(Revenues) ;D that's perfect, but not realistic :p ...what about Investement>(Losses) :(( , and Investment>(Fees) :-/ .

Can somebody tell the best way to set this up?
Can somebody share their catgory arrangement?


Standard categories are meant as a starting point, but you can organize them to your liking !

Hekkro wrote:Thank you very much for your help and for a great program!

H


You're welcome ! Please ask again if you need more...

Guillaume


Skrooge, a personal finances manager powered by KDE4
http://skrooge.org

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: alake, Alexa [Bot], Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], bobo01, einar, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Hei Ku, joshaughnessy, Marand, mgraesslin, nezumi, orbmiser, TheraHedwig, Yahoo [Bot]