Reply to topic

Knode: Offline Mode? / ie. Download Messages

User avatar fakd
Registered Member
OS
Currently I'm struggling here with a bad internet connection. :-\

In case of web browsing there is not much you can do, but in case of news reading (with Knode) I thought there is an way that it downloads all messages (when there is connection). So that I can read through all messages even with bad connection and it only connects when I fetch for new messages.

So I looked in the server and Knode configs, but couldn't find anything, does someone have a clue?

Thanks.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
found a Knode FAQ that suggests you might need to set up and use a local newsserver like leafnode, it's an old faq so it may not be correct

see http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
User avatar fakd
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:found a Knode FAQ that suggests you might need to set up and use a local newsserver like leafnode, it's an old faq so it may not be correct
see http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php
Thats bad :'(

I just looked at the bugtracker and found the corresponding bug:
Bug 8206 - offline functionality - its from 2000, ah good old times... ;)

Actually, is there of today an active maintainer of KNode?
In the About screen the year is from 2010.
User avatar einar
Administrator
OS
I think KNode needs a new maintainer, or its functionality get merged into KMail.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python

Reply to topic