Reply to topic

History in Dolphin

User avatar fakd
Registered Member
Posts
176
Karma
0
OS

History in Dolphin

Wed May 22, 2013 2:36 pm
Once I had in dolphin places such as "Today", "Yesterday", "This Month" (AFAICR), they were marked with a calendar symbol.
They are gone now somehow and I don't know how to get them back.

I didn't deactivate nepomuk or semantic (or anything).
User avatar google01103
Manager
Posts
4965
Karma
17
OS

Wed May 22, 2013 2:56 pm
try find (ctrl+f) then click "more options"



OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
User avatar fakd
Registered Member
Posts
176
Karma
0
OS

Re:

Wed May 22, 2013 3:39 pm
google01103 wrote:try find (ctrl+f) then click "more options"

No, I mean like this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x7yDC9B9Bk0/ULTGfgzC2_I/AAAAAAAANbA/gCi9dltVzc4/s1600/dolphin-2-2-beta-1.png (on the left side)
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
Posts
18657
Karma
83
OS

Re: History in Dolphin

Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 am
Is Nepomuk enabled on your system?


System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
Image
User avatar fakd
Registered Member
Posts
176
Karma
0
OS

Re: History in Dolphin

Fri May 24, 2013 11:10 am
bcooksley wrote:Is Nepomuk enabled on your system?
Yes, it is.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
Posts
18657
Karma
83
OS

Re: History in Dolphin

Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 am
Do those "Today", "Tomorrow", etc entries appear under a new user?


System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
Image
User avatar fakd
Registered Member
Posts
176
Karma
0
OS

Re: History in Dolphin

Sat May 25, 2013 1:34 pm
bcooksley wrote:Do those "Today", "Tomorrow", etc entries appear under a new user?
Hmm, unfortunately not... :-(

PS:
What a PITA to create a new user with kuser >:(
User avatar fakd
Registered Member
Posts
176
Karma
0
OS

Re: History in Dolphin

Sun May 26, 2013 2:21 pm
Uh, I think I found it:

I usually leave dolphin on when I logout/shutdown. So when I login and my session is restored, there is also dolphin open. However unfortunately it looks like dolphin is started before NEPOMUK (-integration), so it starts w/o the links to "recently accessed".
But when I close dolphin and start dolphin fresh, everything is there....

Thats really bad, because it means I have to restore my open folder by hand every time after start. :-(
freininghaus
Moderator
Posts
176
Karma
1
OS

Re: History in Dolphin  Topic is solved

Sun May 26, 2013 5:12 pm
fakd wrote:Uh, I think I found it:

I usually leave dolphin on when I logout/shutdown. So when I login and my session is restored, there is also dolphin open. However unfortunately it looks like dolphin is started before NEPOMUK (-integration), so it starts w/o the links to "recently accessed".
But when I close dolphin and start dolphin fresh, everything is there....


This sounds like https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=304918 which should be fixed in KDE 4.10.4 when it's out.
User avatar fakd
Registered Member
Posts
176
Karma
0
OS

Re: History in Dolphin

Sun May 26, 2013 10:27 pm
freininghaus wrote:This sounds like https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=304918 which should be fixed in KDE 4.10.4 when it's out.
Ah, thanks (also to the other posters).

KDE SC 4.10.4 is targeted for the 4th of June, thats not to bad. :)

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: Alexa [Bot], Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], bshah, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], grubaugh, Hans, Naver Yeti [Spider], onesandzeros, orbmiser, pedrorodriguez, pvonz, qwach, searchfgold6789, Uri_Herrera, Yahoo [Bot]