Reply to topic

Issue with Auto-Login and pam_mount

Rhongomiant
Registered Member

Issue with Auto-Login and pam_mount

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:08 am
Hello,

I have having an issue with pam_mount and KDE Auto-Login as my volumes listed in /etc/security/pam_mount.conf.xml do not get mounted. If I logout and using the same user log back in via or using the same user, ssh to localhost, ssh from a remote PC or switch to a tty and log in, then the volumes in pam_mount are mounted. My guess is that Auto-Login bypasses some things or Auto-Login occurs before the network is up so pam_mount is never initiated. I do not see any errors in the logs or entries related to pam_mount.

One thing to note is based on what I have read about the order of items in the pam.d auth files, the volumes mounted by pam_mount should not unmount until all sessions for my user are closed. If I am logged in via auto-login and ssh to localhost, ssh from a remote PC or switch to a tty and log in, at least some of the volumes are unmounted when I exist that session. Therefore, it is like the session created during auto-login is not the same or is not registered everywhere compared with when I log in via KDE manually.

BTW, I am running OpenSuSE 12.3 installed from the KDE live DVD and I have all updates installed. I am not pulling updates from Tumbleweed‎, Factory, etc.

Thank you for you assistance,

Rhongomiant
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
How did you configure autologin? Was it performed through YaST or through KDE System Settings > Display Manager?

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
Rhongomiant
Registered Member
bcooksley,

Thank you for the reply. I configured this settings using the "Configure Desktop" application, not Yast. I forget the exact option I selected in the "Configure Desktop" application, but I can check on this and report back if you need to know the exact section.

Thanks,

Rhongomiant
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Can you check in YaST to see if XDM/KDM are dependent on network being up before they are being started?

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer

Reply to topic