Reply to topic

Konsole opens new tab instead of new window

thonkanen
Registered Member
Hi,

I would like to start a new konsole (command "konsole", without options) window from prompt, but it starts a new tab in an existing window. Is it possible to start multiple konsole windows?

Qt: 4.8.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.8.5 (4.8.5)
Konsole: 2.8.5
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
that's the behavior I experience - typing Konsole opens in a new window, there's actually an option to open in a new tab

do you somehow have an alias set for Konsole ? in Konsole type:
Code: Select all
alias konosole

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
thonkanen
Registered Member
No alias and the same occurs if i create a desktop icon (don't know if that goes through bash)

export |grep KONSO
declare -x KONSOLE_DBUS_SERVICE=":1.1618"
declare -x KONSOLE_DBUS_SESSION="/Sessions/1"

These were declared though, unsetting them didn't help.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Try running "konsole --new-tab" instead. You could use alias to ensure simply typing "konsole" performs this.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
User avatar Jekyll
KDE Developer
OS
The only way to open a new tab in existing konsole window is "konsole --new-tab". So if you are encountering that case, then

* in shell, check what exactly "konsole" means. "type -a konsole" should do the work.
* use kmenuedit to chekc the exact command that is specified in the menu entry for "Konsole"

Reply to topic