Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.
Reply to topic

"Configure Web Shortcuts" not available [Ubuntu/non KDE]

mcgyverenespace
Registered Member
Extensive searhing in various sites and documentations has had null results on this one - but I might just be bad with the phrasing.
Anyway, when I select valid text in Okular, I am presented with a context menu including " Search for "[SELECTED TEXT]" with . . . " which in turn presents four web search engines which conveniently opens a new tab in my current browser - and a 5th "configure web shortcuts" option.
I'd love this feature if I could add my favourite translation and english dictionary searches onto the menu, but the "configure web shortcuts" option does nothing and I can't seem to find it's target manually under settings or tools.
The developper team could treat this as a bug report I guess, but my main objective here is to get that site search added in - is there a config file somewhere where I can fill out the appropriate information? I should be able to intuit my way to success if someone points me in the right direction - and if not, there's this thread.

- Thanks in advance,
[see username]

Last edited by mcgyverenespace on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lueck
Mentor
The "configure web shortcuts" option opens Systemsettings->Common Appearance and Behaviour->Account Details->Web Shortcuts here.

Try "kcmshell4 ebrowsing" in Konsole to get that page as well.
mcgyverenespace
Registered Member
Solution below original post:
I see this is "kde.org" but I am apparently only using part of KDE. You see, I can't acess Konsole, because of my disease, Ubuntu..and it's terminal.

I was honestly surprised to see a program respond when I entered that command into terminal, maybe there's a dependency I can install, namely ebrowsing module.

Here's the solution to get this part of Okular working in Ubuntu (assume 12.04, later, and earlier...:
1. Open software centre
2. Search KDE-plasma
3. Select and install "KDE Plasma Desktop and minimal set of applications" with "kde-plasma-desktop" beneath it. [SEE NOTE]
4. Enjoy this feature in Okular with no visible change to Ubuntu or leaving GNOME... but become curious about KDE and investigage further (Optional).

Note: I would assume that this is the 64 bit version and that 32 bit users would install the one with "kde-plasma-desktop:i386", but i'm not sure. I'd also assume that the only differences between the notebook and desktop versions are aesthetic differences in K Desktop Environment itself. Interesting fact, I typed K Desktop Environment and then looked up K stood for : / .

Reply to topic