Topic locked

RC III feedback on kubuntu 12.04

thakur
Registered Member

RC III feedback on kubuntu 12.04

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 am
Here are the observations

When the screen display sleeps and keystroke is tapped, lock screen window does not appears automatically. It appears only after pressing Esc key. I do not know which other key to press. I was using "Desktop-Widget" type screen locker. I have not tested other lockers.

Two applications were lost during activity switch and had to be killed. It was reported earlier as well. It was quite smooth and crash happened just once.

KMix visual problem as reported earlier is also reproducible.
thakur
Registered Member

Re: RC III feedback on kubuntu 12.04

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 pm
Applications were lost once again during activity switch. Could not be tracked by alt-tab combination either (as always) and had to be killed from kSysGuard.
thakur
Registered Member
Another ineteresting observation:

If I hit Esc or the whole keyboard is shaken just at the moment when screen locker is appearing it is unlocked automatically. Now I am using simple-screen-locker.

I was expecting locker function to have started when the locker-screen was appearing.

With regards,
Rajendra
User avatar einar
Administrator
OS
IIRC the screen locker has a timeout before locking. Perhaps it shouldn't be showing the UI before then.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
thakur
Registered Member
Thanks einar,
I agree that it is a timing issue only. There is a discrepancy between relaity and perception. Probably security concerns may be buried inside.

At some posts, you also suggested me to file bug reports but I do not feel like doing that. For widespread opensource softwares, bugs should be filed for critical things after being confirmed by at least 1 another independent source. I guess developers should file bugs themselves with appropriate forum links once it comes to a reasonable shape which they may decide. It would keep their life simpler by avoiding routinely needed cleanups but comes at a price of doing a bit of work. I do not want to memorise one more set of login name and password.

Topic locked