Topic locked

Akonadi 4.10 RC3 issues

jp7677
Registered Member
OS

Akonadi 4.10 RC3 issues

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am
Hello there,

I'm using akonadi/kmail2 since KDE 4.7 without any major issues together with gmail, unfortunately things are very wrong since I switched to 4.10RC3. I'm not able to setup a stable pim system anymore. It seems like akonadi hangs or waits for something and kmail, kadresbook and friends are waiting for akonadi till the end of days. First I thought there are some migration issues to I deleted ervery akonadi/nepomuk database/configuration and even tried with a new user, but no improvement. using mysql or sqlite seems to make no difference.

akonadi.error logs shows the following:
akonadiserver.error:
Nepomuk Query Server not available

This one vanishes after a akonadi restart but is back after every logout/login.
akonadi_control.error shows frequently
ProcessControl: Application /usr/bin/akonadi_imap_resource stopped unexpectedly ( "Process crashed" )
ProcessControl: Application akonadiserver stopped unexpectedly ( "Process crashed" )

Sometimes I'm able to setup the imap resource and can see and browse through my email, but after a re-logon it hangs again completely (a guess due to the chashes).
I'm using opensuse 12.2 together with the opensuse KDE 4.10 RC3 packages.

Any idea where I should start looking?

Regards,
Jens
jp7677
Registered Member
OS

Re: Akonadi 4.10 RC3 issues

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 am
ok, switching from sqlite to mysql _does_ make a difference. I did once more a fresh start with mysql this time and now everything is looking much better. Wierd, I never had issues with the sqlite backend prior to 4.10, but now mysql seems the only way to go.

At least its working again :)
User avatar einar
Administrator
OS

Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:56 pm
Keep in mind that SQLite, although available, is not officially supported on desktop systems. by the PIM developers.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
jp7677
Registered Member
OS

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 am
To add some more words to this topic:

I decided to setup a full mysql server (or actually just decided to have it started by default :) ) to use it for akonadi, amarok and digikam. It took me some minutes to do the setup (akonadi and amarok doesn't like '-' in the schema name, had to use underscore instead and digikam want 'super' permission or a special mysql option set (log-bin-trust-function-creators=1, see https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=262321), but now everything works superfast and stable.

Regards,
Jens

PS: I still think it would be a good thing to have a first time wizard for KDE which could take care of these things among adjusting overall settings based on 'Are you a casual user, power user or developer', 'Do you want to use KDE PIM facilities?', 'Do you want file indexing' etc etc ..

Topic locked