Topic locked

Dolphin folder size and folder/file type seeing populated

User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
In Dolphin when switching folders (or initial start) I see the size column for folders being filled (file sizes already filled) and the type column also being filled in for both folders and files.

When paging down the cascading effect of those 2 columns being filled continues

ext3 local filesystem
size of folder doesn't seem to matter

posted bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=321299

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
User avatar einar
Administrator
OS
I recall seeing something related to this (for "slow" FSes) landing in git master yesterday. I'm not sure if it's related...

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
strange thing is if I "kdesu -u" and open Dolphin with my test account it seems fine (with the same folders) but if I rename my dophinrc file it doesn't fix it.

These are local ext3 files

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
Found that deleting "~/.kde4/share/apps/Doplhin/view properties" seems to have solved the problem

Topic locked