Reply to topic

kubuntu 12.10 crash

Bumpalot
Registered Member
OS

kubuntu 12.10 crash

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 pm
kubuntu 12.10 - Was running beautifully for 5 days until -during the uninstall of nepomuk, all my panel icons
started to be removed, one by one!
On reboot, kubuntu would not restart - blank screen with message box "user/bin/startkde" not found :
falling back to default session".

Could not restart whatever boot menu choice I chose, including "Repair broken Packages".
I would sure appreciate any suggestions!
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Re: kubuntu 12.10 crash

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 pm
define "the uninstall of nepomuk

I'm guessing you un-installed more packages then you meant to inc the package kde-workspace-bin, would suggest you reinstall all kde packages to be safe

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
Tupla
Registered Member
OS

Re: kubuntu 12.10 crash  Topic is solved

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:10 am
You should probably do
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
sudo apt-get install kde-standard

and see if this fixes your problem.
It's very likely that other packages have been removed, if I try to remove Nepomuk a huge list of packages to be removed along with Nepomuk comes out (I have Kubuntu 12.10 too).
Bumpalot
Registered Member
OS

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 pm
That did it!! Got everything back to normal! Thanks so much for your excellent help !
Tupla
Registered Member
OS

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 pm
You're welcome!

Reply to topic