Reply to topic

Taskbar labels disappear when lots of windows are open

BrenBarn
Registered Member
I'm using Linux Mint 13 KDE. If I open more than 9 windows at once, all the labels on all my task manager buttons disappear. Each one is left with only the icon, centered in its taskbar button. I found an Ubuntu bug about it ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/951553 ), but it's 8 months old and has no comments, which makes it seem like no one has seen it.

What I want is for the taskbar buttons to just continue to get smaller and smaller the more windows I open, with the labels more and more aggressively truncated as the buttons get smaller. The labels already are truncated when I open up to 9 windows, but when I open the 10th one it seems to switch to this totally different icon-only display. I don't want that. I just want it to keep showing less and less of the label, gradually. How can I achieve this?
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
bugs.kde.org has a similar report but it was closed for lack of feedback, you could re-open it and include a post to the Ubuntu bug report. also maybe search further to see if other reports were made

can you replicate this with a new user?

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
BrenBarn
Registered Member
[quote="google01103"]bugs.kde.org has a similar report but it was closed for lack of feedback, you could re-open it and include a post to the Ubuntu bug report. also maybe search further to see if other reports were made

Can you provide a link to the bug report? I was unable to find it by searching on "taskbar labels", "task manager labels", etc.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
my bad - was having issues with copy and paste so ....................
you might not have seen it when searching 'cause you only searched open bugs?
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=249964

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

Reply to topic