Reply to topic

Desktop effects documentation

User avatar msdobrescu
Registered Member
Posts
63
Karma
0
OS

Desktop effects documentation

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:33 am
Hello,

What should I read and where, in order to know how to make a desktop effect, if needed?

Thank you.
User avatar Hans
Administrator
Posts
3125
Karma
20
OS

Re: Desktop effects documentation

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:08 am
See http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KWin, in particular
developers interested in developing compositing effects for KWin are currently suggested to use source of already existing effects shipped with KWin (especially the Howto effect in the tests/ directory as a starting point) and/or ask on the KWin mailing list if necessary. NOTE: This API is currently considered unstable and subject to change.


Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

Image
10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
User avatar msdobrescu
Registered Member
Posts
63
Karma
0
OS

Re: Desktop effects documentation

Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 pm
Hans wrote:See http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KWin, in particular
developers interested in developing compositing effects for KWin are currently suggested to use source of already existing effects shipped with KWin (especially the Howto effect in the tests/ directory as a starting point) and/or ask on the KWin mailing list if necessary. NOTE: This API is currently considered unstable and subject to change.

Nothing there, just 404...
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
Posts
18669
Karma
83
OS

Re: Desktop effects documentation

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 am
I just confirmed that the page in question, http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KWin does in fact exist.
Can you please provide the exact text or a screenshot of the message you get?


System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
Image
User avatar msdobrescu
Registered Member
Posts
63
Karma
0
OS

Re: Desktop effects documentation

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 pm
bcooksley wrote:I just confirmed that the page in question, http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KWin does in fact exist.
Can you please provide the exact text or a screenshot of the message you get?


Sorry, I've been unclear.
Please confirm that "libkwineffects API documentation" (shold go to http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdebase-work ... fects.html) link works on that page (for example).
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
Posts
18669
Karma
83
OS

Re: Desktop effects documentation

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 pm
The correct link for the API documentation is http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kde-workspac ... index.html


System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
Image
User avatar msdobrescu
Registered Member
Posts
63
Karma
0
OS

Re: Desktop effects documentation

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:52 am
bcooksley wrote:The correct link for the API documentation is http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kde-workspac ... index.html


I took the link from that page. Several links are wong there, isn't it?
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
Posts
18669
Karma
83
OS
Indeed, the API documentation links do appear to be broken. I have now informed the relevant people so the links can be fixed.
Note, that as Techbase is a wiki, you should feel free to revise articles when you find errors such as this in them - particularly if you find the new location of the relevant documentation or materials (if it is a broken link for instance).


System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
Image

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: AElfwine, alake, anditosan, Artmessiah, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], edmael, Exabot [Bot], garthecho, geaplanet, Google [Bot], google01103, Horus, inksi, Joif, ken300, La Ninje, lazyit, mtvee, pedrorodriguez, pvonz, thalesgava, tienhung, VP1986, Yahoo [Bot]