des_7C1
Registered Member
OS

Remove the unwanted panel

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 am
Hello, I don't remember what I did, but now my KDE desktop looks like this:
Screenshot is here:
http://i.imgur.com/kBFeS.jpg

How to remove this panel under "1. Internet" ? It is showing my opened programs by usual.

KDE 4.8.3
PCLinuxOS 2012
Code: Select all
uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 3.2.18-pclos2.bfs #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 24 04:44:50 CEST 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Re: Remove the unwanted panel

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:20 pm
right click on the cashew (icon on the very left end of the panel) -> remove this panel

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
des_7C1
Registered Member
OS

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 pm
google01103 wrote:right click on the cashew (icon on the very left end of the panel) -> remove this panel

There is no cashew on the panel and there is no item in right-click menu called "remove this panel". Cashew is on the upper panel, but i don't want to remove it.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:52 pm
strange - just assumed every panel had a cashew, never saw one without

try right clicking between 2 widget icons, try between the Kmenu and Lancelot ones, there should be a point directly between where the "remove this panel" option is offered. same if clicking on the left most border of the panel

does this cashew-less panel function like any other panel

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
des_7C1
Registered Member
OS

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:02 pm
There is misunderstanding :)
I don't want to remove the below and the upper panels. There is a panel between them. On a screenshot it is where text "1. Internet". A long glossy bar.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:31 pm
ahhh! - sorry, no idea what it is

I do have a question, how do you have a panel without a cashew on it's right?

des_7C1
Registered Member
OS

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 pm
google01103 wrote:I do have a question, how do you have a panel without a cashew on it's right?

Sorry, I don't remember exactly how to do it. I think I clicked on the cashew of the upper panel and then drag something here and there.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:08 am
This is not a panel from what I understand, but the widget background and it's border (assuming you mean the glossy surface labeled "Internet" with Google Earth, Chromium, etc on it).

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
User avatar toad
Global Moderator
OS

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:38 pm
Looks like an activity or desktop name... Tell us which one to get a step closer to getting rid of it :)

Sid
des_7C1
Registered Member
OS

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:39 pm
toad wrote:Looks like an activity or desktop name... Tell us which one to get a step closer to getting rid of it :)

Look here:

http://i.imgur.com/dcTG0.jpg

You can see the tight and transparent panel(widget?) with the tasks buttons. The label "1. Internet" disappeared after the Smooth Tasks was uninstalled by me (#apt-get remove kde-smooth-tasks<etc...>). Old wallpaper is gone with Smoot Tasks too :)
Also I want to remove the bottom panel (there is a blue button labeled "PCLinuxOS K FullMonty" and a Lancelot), cause it is not so useful, and there is a bug with repainting it.
User avatar toad
Global Moderator
OS

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 pm
Sorry for not replying earlier, been off for some time.

Have you locked your widgets/panels by some chance? Check by right clicking on some free space on the desktop. The rest should be self explanatory and cashews should appear.

Sid

Reply to topic