Reply to topic

Very slow task manager

SAKDOSS
Registered Member

Very slow task manager

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 am
Hello,

I have the 12.04 version of kubuntu on my personal computer.
Since two days my task manager is really slow (1 or 2 seconds to display a window when I click on it). I first thought it was a virus but when I arrived this morning on my professional computer (which have the same version) the problem was the same.

Am I the only one ? Do you have any idea how to solve this annoying problem ?

Thanks in advance !
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Re: Very slow task manager

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm
is anything other than windows popping up slow on your system?

did you do an upgrade or install new sw 2 day's ago ?

does disable composting help (alt+shft+F12) ?

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
SAKDOSS
Registered Member

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 pm
First thank you for your answer !

Everything works fine except the task manager. I precise that the window are popping up normally (quickly and without lag) once the task manager react (but the reaction of the task manager can last 1 or 2 seconds).

I didn't do any update recently and disabling composting help doesn't seem to work.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 pm
if you created and tested a new user this would indicate whether there's an installed app or config setting on the 2 computers causing it

you could:
- rebuild the system config cache (usually ignore the messages): kbuildsycoca4 --nonincremental
- with your account not logged into KDE remove the KDE cache: /var/tmp/kdecache/user_account

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm
Just in case it could be related - do these systems use Nvidia graphics?

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
SAKDOSS
Registered Member

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 am
@bcooksley: I have a nvidia on my personnal computer. For the profesional one I found this with "lspci" : Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller.

@google01103: I will try with a new user. The command "kbuildsycoca4 --nonincremental" doesn't seem to work.
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm
SAKDOSS wrote:@google01103: I will try with a new user. The command "kbuildsycoca4 --nonincremental" doesn't seem to work.

it would if I could spell
Code: Select all
kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental

Reply to topic