Reply to topic

Pager keyboard shortcut for moving windows?

TomB Zombie
Registered Member
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place I wasn't sure if this should go in the KWin forum or here.

Anyway, my question is: Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut that will move the currently focused window to a specified desktop? E.g. I want to press Meta+Shift+2 to move the window to desktop 2.

It'd also be nice if there was a keyboard for "Move windows once desktop to the left/right/up/down". The functionality for moving windows is already there, right clicking the title bar presents a "Move to desktop" option but there's no obvious way to assign a keyboard shortcut to this.

Thanks!
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
systemsettings -> shortcuts & gestures -> global shortcuts -> KDE component -> Kwin -> Window to desktop n -> assign it a key combo

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
TomB Zombie
Registered Member
aha! I assumed it would be possible.

For ease of use, could these be added to Pager Settings (by right clicking pager) > Virtual Desktops > Switching? I realise it's not a switching setting but this is where I intuitively looked for that setting.

At worst, it would be nice to have a notice along the lines of "For other switching settings look in Kwin keyboard shortcuts" with a link.

Reply to topic