Reply to topic

Check Printing with KMyMoney

Katrina
Registered Member

Check Printing with KMyMoney

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:05 pm
Hi Folks,

I installed KMyMoney because I need to print checks from my Ubuntu machine. Now that I've got it installed, I don't find the checking printing option. I don't need the accounting part, just check printing.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there an additional program I need? Is there a user guide?

Thanks!
Katrina
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Re: Check Printing with KMyMoney

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 pm
Try this, it may not provide all you wish for (don't know as I don't use it)
Go to Settings -> Configure KMM -> Plugins then tick the box next to 'Print Cheque(check)'

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
Katrina
Registered Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:36 pm
Thanks very much for this quick reply,

It took a while to find the settings, but when I did I see that check printing is already marked, as is csv import and the other options.

Is there a manual any where that I can use to answer these very basic questions?

How to trigger the check printing?
Can blank checks be printed?
What is the file format for the cvs import?
Is there a corresponding export function?

Thanks for your patience,
Katrina
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:17 am
the app home page is http://userbase.kde.org/KMyMoney, you'll find links to the manual and the FAQ

the manual pages for import & export http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extr ... mpexp.html

if you get no answer here try the irc channel (note response there may be slow) #kmymoney on freenode.org

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
Katrina
Registered Member

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:07 am
Thanks very much!

I'm switching over from a Windows system, and sometimes the transition is "challenging". LOL

Cheers,
Katrina
cristian.onet
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:24 am
How to trigger the check printing?

After selecting a transaction in the ledger use the 'Transaction'->'Print check' action.

Can blank checks be printed?

The only thing that the print check plugin does right now is to take the html file located in
Code: Select all
/usr/share/apps/kmm_printcheck/check_template.html
and replace the placeholders with the fields from the selected transaction. You can provide another check template in the plugin settings dialog AFAICR.

cristian.onet, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.

Reply to topic