Reply to topic

cdrecord has no permission to open the device

retired66
Registered Member
OS
I am using k3b for the first time and trying to burn a Linux - Ubuntu iso file . During the burn the process stops saying " cdrecord has no permission to open the file " . Can someone help me understand this message and what i need to do to fix it ? I think the version i have is 2.0.1 if that helps .

Thanks
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
try running k3bsetup - it should adjust all relevant permissions

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.
retired66
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:try running k3bsetup - it should adjust all relevant permissions

Setup shows:

Use Burning Group - Box not checked & if i check it says no group burning ?

New permissions have been set for Device , cdrdao , cdrecod . Do i need to check the boxes for these and change back to original permissions ?
User avatar google01103
Manager
OS
I don't have a burning group set, my k3bsetup looks like this
and I just burned an iso of Parted Magic, no problem

OpenSuse 13.1 x64, KDE 4.12.x

Problem solved? Please click on Image below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

Reply to topic