This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.

worldwide KDE T-Shirt

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
boaglio
Registered Member

worldwide KDE T-Shirt

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:22 pm
Hi,

My name is Fernando and I've been using KDE since release 2 and have joined the project to help i18n support on pt_BR.

I've seen some people wearing KDE shirts, but it look likes there is no standard so far.

Now we have KDE4 with a beautiful logo and the tag line "don't look back", can we get the official logo and create a new KDE t-shirt template ?

It would be great have everybody wear the same KDE shirt to worldwide spread our lovely desktop =)

Fernando Boaglio
:lightbulb: KDE i18n pt_BR admin :lightbulb:
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

RE: worldwide KDE T-Shirt

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 pm
+1 !

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
Moult
Global Moderator
OS

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:24 pm
+1

and perhaps don't make it too expensive ;) because there are people like me who have to suffer due to the crazy exchange rates.

Moult, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
thinkMoult - source for tech, art, and animation: hilarity and interest ensured!
WIPUP.org - a unique system to share, critique and track your works-in-progress projects.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:16 pm
boaglio wrote:Now we have KDE4 with a beautiful logo and the tag line "don't look back", can we get the official logo and create a new KDE t-shirt template ?

It would be great have everybody wear the same KDE shirt to worldwide spread our lovely desktop =)

Well then, that would be the best time to introduce another of the functions of a forum.
Why not make a poll out of your post? This way we can have a better overview of the opinions.
Simply edit your original post, one of the last options is to have a poll. Give us some options and everyone can vote.

Communicate.
sebas
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:17 am
The problem is that by making one template, you still won't get the same t-shirts. I've made the "digital freedom" and "part of the solution" t-shirts, if you want, I can share those designs. We could also work with some company like spreadshirt and create t-shirts there.

It would be a bit much if we tried to turn KDE into a t-shirt shop. On the other hand, we want people to run around in KDE t-shirts everywhere, that's just good old guerilla marketing.

I've put my KDE t-shirt collection online some time ago, btw.

http://vizzzion.org/kde/t-shirts/Killermundi-front.jpg
http://vizzzion.org/kde/t-shirts/Oooold-KDE-NL.jpg
http://vizzzion.org/kde/t-shirts/Opensourcefactory.jpg
http://vizzzion.org/kde/t-shirts/Kindergarten.jpg
http://vizzzion.org/kde/t-shirts/Dublin ... -front.jpg

Those are not all of them, the newer ones (digital freedom, part of the solution) are not among them. But you can see plenty of those in the Akademy photo albums. This year's Akademy t-shirts (those grey ones) were especially nice.

At Akademy, you can sometimes spot David Faure with his KDE1 T-shirt, I think that's the oldest around. Pretty "kool" ;)

Last edited by sebas on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- sebas
dotbg
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm
Nice idea
Tomaz
Registered Member

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:53 pm
worldwide doesn't look very good for me, since every country has diferent tastes.

Rocs developer. (and no, i'm not proud of it) ;D
blueget
Registered Member

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:22 pm
Hmmmm... official KDE Gear would be pretty cool, perhaps a "KDE Shop" where you can buy different KDE branded Stuff, and a portion of the price could go to the KDE e.V.

sidux
PeperJohnny
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:02 pm
I think you could make 1 or 2 official layouts.

PeperJohnny, proud to be a member of KDE since 2006-Dec.
Do you dare?
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:36 pm
Tomaz wrote:worldwide doesn't look very good for me, since every country has diferent tastes.

Well, the Coca-Cola logo is the same everywhere; the characters may change, but the feeling's still the same.

Democracy is okay, to a limit...

Communicate.
HumulusLupulus
Registered Member

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 pm
Sounds like a good idea. With world-wide distribution we could get t-shirt shops all over the world making them. If anybody wants to do this in Sri Lanka, I know of a new shop looking for business. My wife was thinking of going into the clothing business and got some samples from them, they are of good quality and can do the kind of thing that sebas posted. Unfortunately, the cost of shipping to the US killed them as a supplier for us. :'(

HumulusLupulus, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
boaglio
Registered Member

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:34 am
My idea was not for sell anything, it was just for creating a standard template so you guys could download and send to your local factory to make some cool KDE t-shirts.

I can get the official logo from this link:

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Logo

How about the "Don't look back" sentence, any idea which font was used?

Fernando Boaglio
jrick
Registered Member
OS

Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:40 am
Looks like Bitstream Vera Sans/DejaVu Sans.

Type Colemak!

Proud, Conservative Republican

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
--President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove
boaglio
Registered Member

Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:54 am
Ok, this is my T-Shirt KDE template using Bitstream Vera Sans font:

If someone like it, please download and start making your local KDE t-shirts :-)

Last edited by boaglio on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fernando Boaglio
patrick
Registered Member
OS

Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:47 am
I need a new KDE T-Shirt now. The one I was wearing all the time since KDE's 10th anniversary celebration (where I got it) is... well... worn out ;) The letters are nearly unreadable by now.

My requirements:
  • It must be black
  • The word Free or better Free Software must be somewhere on it :)