This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

help - installed kubuntu with windows, unable to boot

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
adielb
Registered Member
hey,
i've just installed latest kubuntu and i'm unable to boot.

i've created dedicated partitions for the installations, and for some reason i thought the grub boot loader is installed automatically,
so i made no changes to the "boot loader" options in the install.

the result:
my pc tries to automatically boot into windows with no option to choose boot to kubuntu.
currently even windows is unavailable because i need to run " startup repair" from the windows disc.

my only option is to boot to the live version of kubuntu using the installation dvd.

how can i enable \ install the grub loader so i'll theoption to choose which operating system to boot from?

many thanks in advance!!!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You might have better luck posting this question on the Kubuntu forums - it sounds like you need to reinstall Grub though.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Paco_at
Registered Member
Download the Boot-Repair ISO cd-rom from the link below. Burn it and start your computer from the CD. When you are prompted to choose how to repair, select the recommended option. It always worked for me.

Obviously, no guarantee that you'll obtain the same success. Just give it a try.

Boot-Repair Disk on Sourceforge

A small description of the software