This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change in placing Gimp Ressources

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Change in placing Gimp Ressources

Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:36 pm
Hello
I am using Gimp since the Kubuntu version 11.04 and previously with Mint KDE. I have changed the place for the ressources (brushes, scripts, plugins, etc) out of the standard places /usr/share/gimp/2.0/name of ressource and for the plugins to usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plugins to another harddisk at /media/anwender/gimp/ressourcen/name of ressource. Both standard directories are then empty. This was working well until installing Kubuntu 14.10. If I now change the pointer in Gimp to this /media/... folders all ressources work perfect, bar the plugins. Only if I put them back to the usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plugins can i access them.

The reason for me having the ressources (like all ressources possible to take away of the /home and the /usr is, that I have usually at the same time three versions of Kubuntu or another KDE-using distro running. Very originially it was because of a combination with Windows XP. Also, my wifes works from time to time on my computer. So, if I would follow the standard way, I would have to install all ressources at least four times, and worse, to upkeep them four times too. This would be in my world plainly stupid.

Does anybody know why the plugins do not work any longer from a second harddrive?

Is this a KDE or a Gimp matter?

And yes, I copy the paths form the copyenabled field in Dolphin to avoid typing errors.

I have a similar topic in a Gimp forum.

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.