This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

The end of my Linux adventure? No acces after rebooting

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gthib
Registered Member
Greetings,

After installing kdf5 Disk Space utility, having done some adjustments in network serving restarted the system.
Sudenly after usual green splash screen with some boot option a black screen appears with:

Welcome to OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 - Kernel 4.1.27-27-default (ttyl)

Hint: Num lock off

linux-flw3 login:_ (blinking cursor)

My admin password is not beige accepted here. Simply cannot get acces any further.

I have newer used any password to log in in that stage. The system has always opened smoothly and then on KDE Plasma desktop there has been a prompt for admin password.

I have tried to restart the computer all in vain. The same logon prompt.

I will appreciate any prompt and helpful solution if any.
Thank you in advance,

OpenSuse Leap 41.2/KDE Plasma 5.2(?)
rcameron
Registered Member
OS
gthib wrote:... My admin password is not beige accepted here. Simply cannot get acces any further. ...

Try again, making each key-press very slow and deliberate. Maybe typing each character with one finger would be best, to be sure. There's no keyboard debounce at this point, and whatever the keyboard may be registering -- isn't visible on the screen.

When you get it running again, install SystemBack. You can run it from terminal, even if you can't get into KDE.

System information:
Linux Mint 17.3 | KDE Platform Version 4.14.2, and
Linux Mint 18.0 | KDE Platform Version 5.28.0
jsalatas
Registered Member
OS
If your password contains numbers just press the Num Lock key before entering it or don't use your keyboard's numpad
gthib
Registered Member
Thank You for your kind advising.

I had finally an access to my home directory by inserting my user name and pass. Alas no GUI.
Thus I have fortunately restored the system via CloneZilla.
I should have (as usual) messed something up.