This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

chrome book

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MFPrincessAbby
Registered Member

chrome book

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:21 am
so hi I'm brand new here and my drawing pad arrives in the morning (woot) all my friends use this system and told me this was a must and based on what I've seen i can see why. how ever my stupid chrome book wont support this app because its google rn hell so I'm going to have to download simulators to make it function. If someone could make a chrome app I would be absolutely over joyed because all that extra can be a little rough on the old hard drive. I also understand you guys are running out of a foreign country and dealing with american legal bs can be infuriating just supposed it would be a good idea because the chrome books gaining popularity quick here and the new ones can even be used as a drawing tablet in themselves with their touch screen capability. thanks for hearing out the rant cant wait to draw =).

abby
louis94
Registered Member
OS

Re: chrome book

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:15 am
Hi,

Are you taking about Krita?

I don't think that any of Kde software runs on Chromebooks. This is due to a limitation in Chrome OS, which only allows Web applications. Your best chance might be to install a Linux distro (Kde Neon, Ubuntu or any other) alongside Chrome OS. It's another operating system, pretty much like Windows, and it's free. You'd probably be able to choose between Linux and Chrome OS at boot time, but I don't know much about Linux on Chromebooks.

Louis