This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

High i/o wait when copying file with dolphin

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
biasquez
Registered Member
OS
I've got a problem when I'm copying files between 2 partitions on same hdd:the cpu usage is always at 100% (dual core 2.53 ghz and 4 gb ram) and transfer decreases desktop responsiveness.
google01103
Manager
are you using Dolphin/Konqueror to copy the data or command line?

does it happen if copying between 2 directories on the same partition? using same amount/kind of data?

is one of the partitions ntfs? fat32?

when copying files is it in large quantities? gigabytes? if you're flooding the data channel then slowed desktop responsiveness might not be surprising

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

biasquez
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:are you using Dolphin/Konqueror to copy the data or command line?

does it happen if copying between 2 directories on the same partition? using same amount/kind of data?

is one of the partitions ntfs? fat32?

when copying files is it in large quantities? gigabytes? if you're flooding the data channel then slowed desktop responsiveness might not be surprising

I use dolphin. I tried to copy from/to ext4 from ntfs. i have this issue with any type of files (for example file .avi 700mega-1,5 giga)...if i do this test with gnome or if i copy with "cp" command from konsole in kde , i don't have this issue
google01103
Manager
when you say "with gnome" you mean with Nautilus?

fyi - ntfs-3g will use a fair amount of cpu no matter what you use to copy data with (though not 100%)

if you try with Krusader is it better, this will id if it's a KDE or Dolphin problem

there's a bug report similar https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=243237 please also post there unless you already have

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

biasquez
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:when you say "with gnome" you mean with Nautilus?

fyi - ntfs-3g will use a fair amount of cpu no matter what you use to copy data with (though not 100%)

if you try with Krusader is it better, this will id if it's a KDE or Dolphin problem

there's a bug report similar https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=243237 please also post there unless you already have

this issue is linked to dolphin..with nautilus doesn't exist this issue and i don't want to use 2 file manager....i love dolphin...i hope that kde developer fix it..thanks for support!