This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE wallet service error

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mpaulsen
Registered Member
OS

KDE wallet service error

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:36 pm
Hi all,

I am having some trouble setting up any services under KDE that require a password to be saved within the KDE wallet.

Everytime I go to save, lets save a WIFI authentication password or credentials into KVPnc, KDE wallet calls up a window asking me to create a wallet. When I enter my password it kicks back an error:

Error opening the wallet 'Foo'. Please try again
(Error code -2: Error opening file)

I have tried opening the management console for KDE wallet to try and create a wallet before I need to save any passwords.

The really weird thing is I have experienced this issue across 2 completely different machines. One on a Thinkpad W500 running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and one on a Virtualbox VM running 10.04.

Any insight as to what is going on would be appreciated.

--Matt
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: KDE wallet service error

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:19 am
Open System Settings > Account Details > KDE Wallet. Make sure a valid selection has been made for the default wallet. You may also wish to check the permissions under ~/.kde4 and try creating a new wallet (and assigning that as the default) as your current one could possibly be corrupted.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
mpaulsen
Registered Member
OS

Re: KDE wallet service error

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 pm
bcooksley wrote:Open System Settings > Account Details > KDE Wallet. Make sure a valid selection has been made for the default wallet. You may also wish to check the permissions under ~/.kde4 and try creating a new wallet (and assigning that as the default) as your current one could possibly be corrupted.

Tried what you suggested. It didn't seem to work. Below is a screenshot of the results of both requests. Please let me know if you need any more information.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_paulsen/6148168123/sizes/o/in/photostream/