This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

cannot mount fat removable media via device notifier

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fluca1978
Registered Member
OS
Hi all,
I'm using freebsd 9 beta 3 and all the workspace works fine, but the device notifier is unable to mount an usb key formatter fat32. All other devices connected to the usb work fine (but they are mounted using fuse, no fat).
The error the device notifier provides is:

Code: Select all
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure: mount_msdosfs: C: No such file or directory

but I'm able to mount it via the command line, so it is not aproblem of the system itself, rather of the device notifier. I guess the C is fake error, nad maybe it has nothing to do with a msdos c: drive, rather with a locale setting. Could it be? How can I fix this?
fluca1978
Registered Member
OS
I guess that "C" reported in the error could be something tied to a wrong locale in the samba configuration, or better in the hal subsystem that mounts the (or should mount) the key using cifs (and therefore samba). Unluckily I don't know how to configure hal to work properly. Could it be this the problem?
Wizard
Registered Member
OS
I don't think it has anything to do with samba or system locale, have you tried to mount that volume manually? You may look at hal configuration files, maybe domebody messed the command :)
ColoWin
Registered Member
OS
Manual mounting should help you to diagnose the problem
Regards, blackberry developer

Last edited by ColoWin on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may wish to try using solid-hardware to perform the mount, as that will give you better debugging information.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]