This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Force specific Activity to start at login/boot

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zachalexy
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I have setup a few Activities, works very well. Now I combine Activities with Special Application Settings to force certain apps to start in specified Activities. Now at login I want to always start in Activity nr 3. Is it possible to force this? Already been messing around with a login script with this line: kwriteconfig5 --file kactivitymanagerdrc --group main --key currentActivity --type string 7a60a2c8-9a14-4002-8cb7-8b66f25c62sj (and the script runs fine) but I'm not opening on this Activity. Maybe caused by starting applications on other Activities but I can't seem to prevent this. Thx, regards, Zach

Last edited by zachalexy on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You can choose "Force" to apply Special Application Settings, works fine for me, but I just did this directly in the Settings of the application (right click on the window title -> More Actions -> Special Application Settings and choose the Activities entry from there).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
zachalexy wrote:/.../ I want to always start in Activity nr 3. Is it possible to force this?

Is this not a purpose for KDE session management ? Just try if this helps
Code: Select all
kcmshell5 kcmsmserver
zachalexy
Registered Member
OS
Hi, thx for your help. I always start with a clean/new session. Solved my issue by reducing the number of Activities and shuffled a bit in Autostart and where certain applications are placed. Now at boot nicely starting in my "main" Activity. Regards, Zach