This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Any way to retain window focus within an activity?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
David Roundy
Registered Member
I've just switched from using virtual desktops to activities (running plasma 5.20 on Debian testing), and there's one issue that is driving me crazy. When I use meta-tab to switch to an activity, the window that is focused is never the window that was last focused in that activity. So then I have to grab my mouse (or alt tab) to get back to where I last was.

Is there any way to make the activities remember the focus? If not, I think I'll have to switch back to using virtual desktops, since this makes switching between activities uniformly painful.
David Roundy
Registered Member
Okay, it looks like this may be caused by focus being transferred to a window that is shown on all activities. I've gotten workable behavior by not setting any windows to be shown on all activities, but that's a bit of a nuisance. Can anyone suggest another workaround? Is this behavior something I should submit a bug report for?
ialoyola
Registered Member
I have the same problem, and it's been driving me crazy since I switched to activities. The only solution for me is to press the ALT+TAB key combination after having switched, which in my case will give the focus to the last window. It's still annoying, so I will probably switch back to virtual desktops soon.