This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable KWin default gestures

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wreta
Registered Member

Disable KWin default gestures

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:34 pm
I am using Fedora 37 KDE. The default KWin gestures aren't set up the way I like it, so I downloaded https://github.com/bulletmark/libinput-gestures to make my own. However, now I am in the situation where if I have a gesture bound to swipe up, if I swipe up on the trackpad then the KWin swipe up gesture (some kind of overview) will trigger, as will the gesture I have set up in libinput-gestures. Is there any way to disable the default KWin gestures?
wreta
Registered Member
Having done quite a bit of research on this (down to reading KWin source lol), I have discovered that as of the current KDE version (5.26.4), these gestures are hard-coded into KWin and cannot be changed without compiling your own version. However, the up/down swipe gestures can be disabled by going into KDE Settings > Workspace Behavior > Desktop Effects and disabling Desktop Grid and Present Windows. The left/right gestures cannot be removed without disabling all virtual desktops.