This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kwin and Java problems

Tags: kwin, java kwin, java kwin, java
(comma "," separated)
XiniX
Registered Member
OS

Kwin and Java problems

Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:51 pm
I wanted to know if I am the only one who has issues with (some) java apps and Kwin. So far, I have come across two problems:
1. Using Webex, I cannot share my desktop while using Kwin. The 'share desktop' applet crashes after 5 seconds.
2. Our company CRM is a Java app. In some cases, an application message window (like: 'You have not saved the record. Continue Y/N'), will be displayed in what looks like an infinite loop, causing the window to flicker. It hardly responds to the mouse and I need to kill it with xkill. I say in some cases, meaning that I can reproduces the error in some application parts consistently, but not in others.

Running the same app in windows, or using iceWM as a window manager, the problems do not occur.

XiniX, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
anda_skoa
KDE Developer
OS

RE: Kwin and Java problems

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:16 am
I think there have been other reports of people having problems with Java and compositing managers such as KWin or Compiz.

As far as I know the bug in Java has been fixed, not sure which version though.

Cheers,
_

anda_skoa, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
XiniX
Registered Member
OS

RE: Kwin and Java problems

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:50 am
Hi,

Well, it is not a compositing problem. Starting Kwin without compositing enabled gives the exact same errors.

XiniX, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.