This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kwin, transparency and Keramik

Tags: kwin kwin kwin
(comma "," separated)
andrea
Registered Member
OS

Kwin, transparency and Keramik

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am
Hi all,
I have enabled desktop effects of Kwin to have transparent panels. Currently I am using Keramik as window theme. My system is an openSUSE 11.2 with KDE 4.3.4 release 2 installed using KDE4 repositories.

My problem is that also window buttons (like close and minimize) are transparent; more precisely, the black part (i.e., the x of close and _ of minimize) is trasparent while other parts of the button is ok. If I choose a different window theme, like Plastik, such buttons are no more transparent. I think the problem is due to the color of the transparent part: in Keramik, the color is a pure black (#000000) while in Plastik is a very dark grey (#121314).

Is it possible to avoid transparency on buttons in some way? I have tried to find where button color is defined, but I am not able to find it...
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Kwin, transparency and Keramik

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:25 pm
That's funny - I could reproduce this with all window decorations that have something black in the buttons.
This is very likely a bug. Could you please report it on bugs.kde.org (after doing a quick search to see if it's been reported before) and post the link here?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
andrea
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kwin, transparency and Keramik

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 pm
Bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=218928

It seems they have already fixed this problem in 4.4...

One consideration: the search engine of bugs.kde.org does not work very well...