This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ScanSnap Manager won't open

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
adelinetom
Registered Member

ScanSnap Manager won't open

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 am
Got a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500. I run a Windows 7 64-bit. The installation went fine, the scanner shows up in the control panel, and clicking on "properties" shows it's fine. The problem: When I try to open the ScanSnap Manager, I get....nothing. No response. Not sure if I need to try reinstalling or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: ScanSnap Manager won't open

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:36 pm
And how exactly does that relate to this forum?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kde-marcel
Registered Member

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:43 am
Hello adelinetom, you can resolve ScanSnap Manager won't open by restarting ScanSnap. To do this turn off your ScanSnap and wait at least 5 seconds and then turn it on again. In case the icon status is not altered, you can unplug the USB cable from the PC or your ScanSnap and wait for 5 seconds, and connect the USB cable once again. Go for https://appuals.com/unable-to-connect-with-scansnap-error/ this link to find more solutions. You can also try and utilize the ScanSnap Support Tool. This can be done by connecting your ScanSnap to a computer and go for these steps with the ScanSnap support tool. To run ScanSnap Support tool, go to the [Start] menu --> [All Programs] --> [ScanSnap Manager] --> [ScanSnap Support Tool]. Just tap the [Check] button under [Check Privileges] and in case the message, "The recommended privileges have been applied." seems, turn off your ScanSnap, wait for 5 seconds, and then turn it on again. In the end, click the [Recover] button of [Recover ScanSnap Connection] to see if it fixes the issue.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:21 pm
Again, how is this in any way relevant to a KDE forum? Please respect the forum policies, this topic will be removed unless you can show why this is relevant here.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...