This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

2.6 Beta: "AMAROK-SQLTRACKUID protocol source"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wotan
Registered Member
OS
Hello there
I have just compiled 2.6 beta on Kubuntu 12.04 32 bit
When i make a playlist and save it to the amarok db, if I then drag this playlist to the current list, most of the song will appear in grey and if I click on them there is a samll dialog box named "Questions QApt Codec search" (or the german equivalent) and saying

Following modul missing
AMAROK-SQLTRACKUID protocol source
Do you want to search for this

If i click on search nothing will appear.
All the greyed track do appear in the collection view and I can play them when I drag them from the collection view

Does anyone know about this module and what it does?
Is this a bug or is due to a problem with the compilation ?

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, that is part of the code of Amarok, seems strange it doesn't find it. Did you try purging the current beta and build a new one? If it still happens then please file a bug report.

FWIW: I can't reproduce this here, using Amarok 2.5-git, and there were no commits in the sqlcollection part of the code since beta.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
This sounds like a plugin location issue. Did you remove any packaged version of Amarok before building the beta? Did you run cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`, or if you used a different location, did you configure KDE to locate this correctly (see item 4 here)?

wotan
Registered Member
OS
Hello
Thanks for the answer
Prior to try the 2.6 beta I had t 2.5 also i jus removed it (sudo apt-get remove amarok) but no other operations, no purge or nothing.

I did run with cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` , as specified on amarok website.
I did not configure amarok prior to compile. I will try this
wotan
Registered Member
OS
Okay so I recompiled, but it doesn't change there is still the same problem and I think with the same track (note that it does not appear with all tracks)

What is also weird is
On a first computer after I had 5342 song
I copy everything on another computer where it then says I had (yesterday) 5323 songs
This morning, after recompiling I delete the whole collection with
Code: Select all
rm ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/mysqle/amarok/*

and rebuild it and it now says 5319 songs with the following error message when scanning:

Der Sammlungserfasser berichtet die folgenden Fehler:
Track /home/max/Music/Autre/ERA/era2/Sentence.mp3 with uid amarok-sqltrackuid://cc1df9473798c4d481124d30e34e266b already committed. There seems to be a duplicate uid.

I dont't understand how it can have a double id if it rescan everything from the begining on

Should I do something else than
rm ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/mysqle/amarok/*
to remove the complete collection?
wotan
Registered Member
OS
Apparently it is a codec problem and
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

seems to solve it
Stecchino