This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Where does Amarok store track score information?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
whatthefunk
Registered Member
I had to do a fresh install a couple weeks ago and despite good backup practices, I lost all Amarok track info, including track scores. I have a couple thousand songs stored on my pc and it took me 6 months to score all of them so that I can make custom dynamic playlists. I have to do this all over again, but this time want to be sure that this data gets backed up. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This data will be stored in Amarok's database, located at ~/.kde(4)/share/apps/amarok/
The use of ~/.kde or ~/.kde4 will depend on your distribution and local computer configuration.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
whatthefunk
Registered Member
Thats what I thought too, but the entire .kde file was backed up and restored after reinstalling. When my scores didnt show up, I manually copied over the amarok files but still no luck. Ive looked at all the files in the amarok folder that arent in binary and nothing has any mention of score. I noticed that Amarok gives every track a unique uid...maybe my scores were lost because on reinstalling and rescanning my collection a new uid was given to each track which didnt match the restored info????
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you try importing the database instead of just copying it? Especially if the location did change, which is the case in a clean installation you should import the scores from the previous database.
FWIW: there is an option in the Amarok settings -> Collection to write statistics to files, that might be a good idea in your case.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
whatthefunk
Registered Member
Yes, that did the trick. Thanks for the help!