This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

There's no option to connect Amarok 2.7 with last.fm

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Primoz
OS
Today was first time I used Amarok after the upgrade to 2.7 and I just logged in to last.fm, because I wanted more info on the band I was listening to.
But I noticed that it didn't scrobble, so I went to check if things were set in Amarok, but I can't find a option to connect it to last.fm any more.
Few widgets also aren't found any more (I removed most of them).
Given that Arch uses vanilla packages, I feel that it isn't the problem with Arch package. If it is please tell me so, so I can turn to Arch devs with this problem.
Thanks in advance!

Primoz, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
This is most likely a problem with the package, or with your setup, as it works perfectly fine here with the tarball that was sent to the packagers.

Please check again, are you sure you did activate the last.fm plugin in the Amarok settings, set your credentials correctly? Did you try with a new user?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
It's possible you don't have liblastfm1, which is required in this version (previous versions used liblastfm0). If this is the case, you need to speak to the packagers about setting the dependencies correctly.

Primoz
OS
Thanks! I'll notify Arch devs and packagers.

PS.: I just removed Amarok and dependencies, and yes apparently they're still using liblastfm0 instead of 1.

Primoz, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.